Friday, March 26, 2010

Bible vs. the Book of Mormon

"While talking with a friend about Christianity, my friend (who is Mormon) claimed that the Book of Mormon is more accurate than the Bible because it was easy for the Bible to get lost in translation through the years. I do not doubt the perfection of the Bible, but how can I historically prove this point to my friend?"

Hi,
Thanks so much for your question. This is a very deep question that requires a very detailed response. In short, then answer is definitively NO, the Book of Mormon is in no way more accurate than the Bible. History does not support it, and most evidence points to the fact that the Book of Mormon is immensely inaccurate. Check out the link below to start your research. It is a wonderful sight that will answer many of your questions and might even create some more from you. Also, feel free to talk to me at youth group if you would like more info.

http://www.carm.org/mormonism

God Bless,
Derrick

No comments: